BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Finance
BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Finance degree | Business and Finance are inseparable. That’s why we have a course that prepares you for both areas, giving you the perfect skills to adapt to the industry. It’s ideal if you are looking to grow your business knowledge and financial management skills. In the industry, business and finance are inextricably linked. Having a good understanding of one area enhances your knowledge of the other. This course is ideal if you are interested in developing business knowledge and financial management skills.
The BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Finance degree focuses on the financial aspects of business operations and has been developed to give you a strong foundation on which to build a career in either the finance or business sectors. Graduates with specialised financial knowledge and sound business skills are highly desirable and this course will provide you with a solid platform on which to build your career.
Studying Business as part of your course allows you to gain a firm understanding of the role of business in society and develop knowledge of the main functional areas; accounting, marketing and human resources through a creative mix of academic study, skills development and practical training. This can lead to a wide range of careers, but also allows focus on one functional area for more specific career prospects. The opportunity to combine Finance with a range of other subjects through the Business and combinations programme will allow you to develop a full understanding of how finance can impact upon other areas of business.
BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Finance degree will help you to learn how to manage profit-making or providing value to stakeholders. Knowing how to communicate your business strategies is crucial and we help you to confidently make decisions.
Finance is a dynamic field, focusing on the borrowing, lending and investing of money by individuals, financial institutions, business and government organisations. Professional financiers administer the finance function of organisations, analysing and interpreting information to assess their needs and provide advice.
With BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Finance degree you will develop the skills to analyse business portfolios and provide recommendations for best financial returns. In this course you have the opportunity to listen to real-world practitioners as they explain how the value of investments changes over time.
You will learn core concepts and skills in finance related to project evaluation, capital structure, security analysis and pricing, portfolio management, international finance and risk management.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
BA/BSc (Hons) Business and Finance
- Accounting Systems in Business Organisations
- Business Environment
- Management Accounting
- People and Organisations
- The Graduate Challenge
- Career Viewpoint
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Enterprise Projects
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting & Finance
- Business Analytics
- Economic Analysis
- Business to Business and Services Marketing
- The Media Business
- Resourcing and Reward
- Future of Work
- Selling & Sales Management
- International Human Resource Management
- International Finance
- UK Taxation
- Financial Reporting and Management
- Consultancy Project
- Strategic Decision Making
- Business Information Systems
- International Marketing Management
- Negotiated Work Based Learning
- Strategic Human Resource Management
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Your course will be based on a series of weekly lectures followed by smaller seminars and workshops. Some classes may be held in IT suites where students have individual PCs and work using appropriate software packages. You will benefit from regular meetings with an academic personal tutor who will review and discuss your progress and will be available for advice. You will have access to additional academic services such as academic writing and numerical support. There is also a range of non-academic support functions available. The course is based on examinations, coursework, tests, essays, group work and presentations.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
Studying Business Management and Finance is perfect if you want to become an accountant, or go on to further study in financial management. It can also be the basis for a wide range of careers in industry, business and the public sector.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Business manager
- Communications manager
- Financial manager
- Retail manager
- Corporate portfolio manager
- Corporate investment expert
- Financial services expert
- Accounting and Auditing
- Account Executive
- Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations and Sales Manager
- Budget Analyst
- Claims Adjuster, Appraiser, Examiner, and Investigator
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Analyst and Advisor
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource, Recruitment and Labour Relations Specialist
- Insurance Agent
- Insurance Underwriter
- Investment Banker
- Loan Officer
- Management Analyst and Consultant
- Meeting and Convention Planner
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Purchasing Manages, Buyer, and Purchasing Agent
- Real Estate Appraiser and Assessor
- Real Estate Broker and Agent
- Buying Assistant
- Accounting Technician
- Actuarial Analyst
- Sport Manager
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agent
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Founds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.
Some error has occured.