BA/BSc (Hons) Business Studies
The BA/BSc (Hons) Business Studies degree you will develop a broad understanding of business organisations. You will understand how businesses develop strategies, make decisions, organise their internal resources, and manage risk and uncertainty. This degree prepares you for a career in business management in industry, commerce or the public sector. It focuses on the acquisition and application of knowledge relevant to the role of the manager in the rapidly changing environment which is the modern business world. The course also provides you with opportunities to develop and enhance your range of personal and interpersonal transferable skills which are vital to successful performance in the workplace.
The BA/BSc (Hons) Business Studies will set you apart as a ‘business-ready’ graduate who can rise rapidly to higher level roles and make a significant impact in any sphere of business, in any organisation. Students will gain deep understanding of why businesses perform in the way that they do, along with valuable research and analytical skills to support business decision-making and problem-solving. The course covers areas such as marketing, finance, economics and management which will give you the skills and knowledge that you will need to find a graduate role in a diverse number of sectors (banking, retail, market research) and the advance to senior positions in your chosen field. This well-established course will give you the opportunity to acquire a sound foundation in business and management know-how followed by increased specialisation in an area of your choice.
Students on this course love how incredibly flexible it is, as you don’t have to pick your specialism until the end of your second year of study. The students will develop skills essential for modern management and become an independent and entrepreneurial business leader with an analytical approach to problem solving and business analytics.
Your degree in Business Studies will provide insights and expertise in specific business functions such as marketing, human resource management, accounting and finance. You will study specialised topics such as entrepreneurship and international business. You will also develop awareness of the wider environment in which businesses operate, by studying subjects such as business economics and business law.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
BA/BSc (Hons) Business Studies
- Foundations of Marketing
- Introductory Accounting and Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Business Environment
- Managing People
- Information Management
- Business in Society
- Strategic Business Analysis
- Managing Human Resources
- Career Development and Employability
- Information Technology for Business
- Managing Finance and Financial Decisions
- Tactical and Strategic Marketing
- Project Management: Planning and Control
- The Business of Sport
- Business Dissertation
- Social Responsibility of Business
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- International Money and Finance
- Global Business Development
- Strategic Information Systems
- Developing Cross-Cultural Capability
- Employment Relations
- Organisational Change
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
Appraisal is essentially through coursework which can take structures, for example, conventional articles and reports, gather venture work, introductions, notices, plan of advanced materials, and the improvement of an examination proposition to help your free investigation. There are likewise in-class tests and PC based appraisals. At the last phase of the program your examination study will be evaluated by an exposition.
In the wake of finishing your college degree, on the off chance that you choose to improve your vocation prospects considerably facilitate you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more data in regards to movement please contact Atlantic London.
There are an extensive variety of profession open doors for graduates, including both open and private part work openings in particular professional regions, for example, administration consultancy, exchanging, educating, contracted bookkeeping, promoting, venture saving money, bank administration, retail purchasing, conveyance and coordination administration, protection guaranteeing, showcasing official, buyer items, statistical surveying official, faculty officer, advertising, retail administration and deals.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Sales Manager
- Human Resources Officer/Manager
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Management Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Logistics And Distribution Manager
- Marketing Executive/Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Administrative Services Manager
- Training And Development Manager
- Management Consultant
- General Manager
- General And Operations Manager
- Account Executive/Manager
- Accountancy Technician
- Business Development Manager
- Business Analyst
- Financial Services Sales Agent
- Financial Adviser
- Health Service Manager
- Insurance Claims Officer
- Investment Analyst
- Marketing Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Quantity Surveyor
- Retail Manager
- Small Business Adviser
- Trading Standards Officer
- Transport Manager
- Sales Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Founds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.
Some error has occured.