BA/BSc (Hons) Web Design
The BA/BSc(Hons) Web Design degree provides an innovative blend of design and technology to develop your specialist knowledge and meet the needs of industry and consumers. Most organisations have an online presence, and demand is strong for graduates with the specialist skills and expertise to design, develop and maintain the highly usable feature-rich web applications that are a key aspect of modern life and business. You’ll be taught in a digital media environment and this course is ideal if you wish to pursue a career designing and developing websites, apps and other interactive products for media, publishing, e-commerce, arts and education.
Web Designers are continually innovating and developing new ways of accessing and interacting with the web. Websites, social media, the apps we use for entertainment and to help organise our lives are just a few of the examples that we encounter daily. The industry is growing and demand is high for graduates to produce digital products who have a range of skills. The course will help you capitalise on the growing demand for web designers and developers by teaching you the skills needed to succeed in this dynamic profession, and by providing foundational knowledge that will prepare you for new and emerging trends in the field. BA/BSc (Hons) Web Design degree programs teach students how to structure websites, design web pages and produce multimedia projects.
BA/BSc (Hons) Web Design
In BA/BSc (Hons) in Web Design course, students learn to prepare computer-aided illustrations of preliminary designs, and effectively communicate design concepts to clients and employers. During the course you’ll study the technical side of web development, alongside supporting you in gaining an in-depth understanding of web design, visual design and moving image (animations and videos). The aim of this is to help you gain a wide range of skills, which are in demand from employers and our placement providers. During your course you’ll study how to design and create content and experiences for a range of devices such as smartphones, tablets and watches as well as traditional computers. You’ll explore technical subjects including web development, artistic video effects and graphic design. You’ll also work on projects in teams creating complex products, which will support you in developing your technical, design and project management skills. Some projects may involve working on a product for an industry client.
Course Length: 3 years / 4 years including Foundation year;
Start dates: January / May / September;
BA/BSc (Hons) Web Design
- Digital Media Project 1
- Introduction to Web Programming
- Digital Media Asset Production
- Introduction to Visual Design
- Introduction to Video and Digital Effects
- Introduction to Enterprise, Business and Marketing
- Web Design and Development
- Contextual Studies
- Year Two Project
- Intermediate Video and Digital Effects
- Web Design and Programming
- Visual Design
- Team Project
- Designing information Systems for People
- Application Design & Delivery
- Graphic Communication
- Individual Project
- Advanced Visual Design
- Team Project (Multimedia)
- Digital Media Showcase
- User Experience Design
- Digital Marketing and Communications
- Advanced 3D (Design and Production)
- Advanced Front-End Web Development
* The units can vary, depending on the chosen pathway or optional modules which your institution will choose for the course structure.
The course is delivered using a wide range of learning and teaching methods including lectures, seminars, and practical lab sessions where you will have access to high specification computer systems running the latest software. Assessment includes practical assignments, reports, essays, presentations, conventional examinations and computer-based examinations. For some modules you will be involved in group work in others you will be expected to work independently.
After completing your undergraduate degree, if you decide to enhance your career prospects even further you can apply for a postgraduate Master program. For more information regarding progression please contact Atlantic London.
The field of web design offers tremendous opportunity. As a web designer you will have the ability to work in a number of different fields including computer systems design, creative services, advertising, public relations and related services, manufacturing, specialized design services, newspaper, book and directory publishers, wholesale trade, education and more.
You can further your career in professions such as:
- Content Producer
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia developer
- Web developer
- Web Design Manager
- Support Analyst
- Interface Developer
- Software Engineer
- SEO Specialist
- Project Co-Ordinator
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Designer/Production Assistant
- Social Media Content Manager
- Digital Project Manager
- Digital Producer/Designer
- Digital Communications Manager
- Design Coordinator
- Interaction Designer
- Web Development Project Manager
- Marketing and Communications Assistant
- Marketing Executive
- Mobile Developer
- UI/UX Designer
- Head of Digital Data and Technology
- Head of Media Relations
- Front End Developer
- e-Commerce Consultant/Manager
- Marketing Consulting Director
- Minimum Age: 18 years old;
- Applicants are required to submit proof of prior certificated learning (e.g. Secondary School Diploma/Baccalaureate/Level 3 qualification) and/or relevant work experience;
- Applications from mature candidates without formal qualifications are welcomed provided they could demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant ability and experience.
- If you are unable to meet the entry requirements for this course you may still be eligible for our Foundation year course. This is an extra year of study to prepare you for the full degree.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language.
- Applicants must bring their original certificates when coming for registration;
The Tuition Fee of the course will vary depending on the institution you wish to study in, as well as your status in the UK. The course is available for UK/EU and International Students as well. Please contact us to find out the tuition fee for a specific course you’d like to know about.
Government Founds – Student Finance England
If you are an UK/EU citizen or living in the UK on Indefinite stay, you can receive support from the government via Student Loan Company to cover tuition fees and some living costs while studying, depending on your circumstances. Tuition fee loans, to cover the full cost of your course, are paid directly to the course provider. Maintenance loans can be applied for at the same time, lending you money at the start of each term. You won’t have to pay back the loan until after your course, when you’re earning above a certain level. Students can still apply for grants if they’re eligible for certain benefits, disabled, or need help with childcare costs.
Some error has occured.