Picking the correct course is fundamental for your vocation desires. Our group will support and guide you at all times beyond any doubt that you will pick the course which is reasonable for you. We offer an extensive variety of energizing industry centered advanced education courses accessible in a vast scope of subjects. Every one of the courses are intended to empower you to advance to further.


Vocational qualifications offer down to earth learning programs that identify with particular occupation parts or business segments. Subsidized Qualifications are accessible from Level 3 to 6. Professional courses are intended to enable you to learn basically about a particular occupation zone. They can enable you to get what it takes you have to begin an occupation, advance in a vocation or go ahead to more elevated amounts of instruction.

Sometimes a NVQ level 3 can occur to an A-Level or Baccalaureate Diploma and can enable you to get access to University levels.

Vocational qualifications:

  • Vocational subjects that are related to a broad employment area such as business, engineering, IT, health and social care, etc.
  • Vocational courses that lead to specific jobs such as hairdressing, accounting, professional cookery, plumbing, etc.
  • Apprenticeships which are ‘work-related’ where you will be trained for a job role and get paid as you learn.


Vocational subjects

Vocational subjects are general aptitudes that create reasonable aptitudes and information identified with a work territory. They are offered in the two schools and universities. They incorporate a lot of classroom-based exercises. Evaluation is ordinarily by both composed and reasonable examinations.

Vocational Courses

Vocational courses give preparing and capabilities identified with a particular employment, for example, being a handyman, beautician or an expert cook. These courses are for the most part offered at Further Education Colleges. They are generally extremely viable and include learning in genuine circumstances, with genuine clients, for example, trimming hair in the school salon which will be available to people in general, cooking for paying clients in the school eatery or introducing washrooms in the pipes workshops


Apprenticeships are offered by employers, who will prepare you to complete a particular occupation in their organization. You will invest the vast majority of your energy in the working environment picking up work particular aptitudes, yet you will likewise be bolstered by an expert learning supplier (Further Education Colleges are frequently learning suppliers for Apprenticeships), to develop your insight and capabilities.

An entrance course is typically taken by home understudies (from the UK/EU or beforehand settled here). They are given by facilitate training schools instead of colleges. It serves an indistinguishable capacity from an establishment year, by giving you the correct capabilities to advance onto a degree course. The fundamental distinction is that there would not be required to have done post-16 think about some time recently. Span of the course is by and large a half year to 1 year and it will occur to you’re A-Level/Baccalaureate Diploma giving you access to the college levels.

The Access to Higher Education Diploma is a capability intended to address the issues of students who have been out of training for a long time or more, or who might not have the Level 3 capabilities required for admission to Higher Education courses, (for example, A levels). Access courses can give a significant additional opportunity to students, as there are no upper-age limits, and no formal section necessities, however you should sit a demonstrative evaluation of your proficiency and numeracy aptitudes. Before the finish of the course you ought to have achieved Level 2 in these subjects (GCSE A-C or identical).

These courses are escalated and notwithstanding time spent at the College, facilitate private examination and homework is required outside the classroom, so understudies must be roused and submitted

To access an advanced education course you can give an A-Level authentication or an European Baccalaureate Diploma, both are Level 3 proportional recognition. In some circumstance is your declaration won’t be sufficient to meet the necessities, at that point an establishment year might be exactly what you require.

An establishment year is an additional time of concentrate toward the begin of a college course. It permits understudies who don’t meet the section necessities for the typical course to fill in the holes and go ahead to think about a full degree. In the event that you fill that you are not set up to begin with the college years the best alternative is to apply for an establishment year to have sufficient energy to set yourself up until the point that you reach at the main scholastic year.

Establishment years are typically learned at the college you mean to do your degree at. You will apply for a course that incorporates the establishment year. For instance, the course might be called “Business Studies with Foundation Year”. An establishment year can likewise be known as a ‘year 0’. This is typically part of an ‘expanded’ degree and is intended to take you straight on to a degree course. This implies you put in four years, rather than three, getting your degree. These degrees have bring down section prerequisites since you spend the main year ensuring you have the information to embrace the full degree with progress.


A full-time Higher National Certificate (HNC) takes one year to finish, or two years low maintenance. HNC Courses are a level underneath a HND and are identical to Certificates of Higher Education (CertHE) and with the principal college year.

Level 4 capabilities perceive master learning and include definite examination of an abnormal state of data and information in a territory of work or study. HNC courses for the most part give a mix of scholarly hypothesis and handy application and are business related. Normally conveyed more than one year in full time. Understudy can advance to a HND course or sometimes, guide passage to the second year of an Honour’s Degree or work.

The BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) is identical to the second year of college, implies that it’s spreads year one and two of a three years UK Honors Degree at NQF Level 4 and 5.

Higher National Diplomas are business related courses gave by higher and encourage training universities in the UK intended to set you up for a vocation through a mix of hypothetical and reasonable showing covering the center abilities which are basic to be successful in the present workplace. They concentrate on ‘learning by doing’ and are intended to give you particular work abilities. A HND takes two years to finish full-time or three to four years low maintenance

Level 5 qualifications perceive the capacity to expand the profundity of information and comprehension of a zone of work or concentrate to empower the plan of arrangements and reactions to complex issues and circumstances. Learning at this level includes the show of large amounts of information, an abnormal state of work skill in work parts and capability in overseeing and preparing others. In spite of the fact that a HND is a magnificent capability in itself, contingent upon your vocation aspirations, you may conclude that it merits examining somewhat longer for a Bachelor degree. Besting up your HND will ordinarily take one further year of study.

A DipHE is the scholarly partner to the HND, as it is additionally equal to two years of a full degree. It is normally granted after the fruitful finish of two years of a full-time first degree at an advanced education foundation.

While numerous understudies remain on for the full degree, as long as the DipHE is accessible for your picked subject, you ought to have the capacity to leave following two years with this perceived remain solitary capability. While hunting down courses, it is important that some DipHEs might be a piece of the full degree, yet with less modules to take. The honor can appear as a three-year full-time program, while a few courses are just a single year.

You can likewise take a Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE). This is a level underneath the DipHE. It is proportional to the main year of a full degree and subsequently is the scholarly partner to the HNC. It is a decent alternative on the off chance that you don’t have the scholastic capabilities to enter your picked subject on a three-year Bachelors course.

Top-up degrees are designed for students who have successfully completed a Foundation degree or HND. A top-up course, or progression route, allows you to enter the final year of university study so you can upgrade your qualification to a full degree. This typically takes one year of further study, full-time.

Once you have completed your Foundation degree you can go straight into work or, you can apply to ‘Top-up’ your qualification to a full honours award with a Top-up degree.           

Top-up degrees are equivalent to the final year (Level H) of a BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) degree. To apply for a Top-up degree you will need to meet the entry requirements including a relevant Foundation degree, or HND, or equivalent. The ‘Top-up’ degree will enable you to continue learning to Honours level and graduate with a BA (Hons).

Qualifications at this level are appropriate for people working as higher grade technicians, professionals or managers.  The degree will be equivalent to any NVQ Level 6 or Bachelor Degree obtained at universities which will give you access to postgraduate programmes.

This is the most popular type of undergraduate qualification. Studying for a Bachelor degree at a UK university will enable you to develop a thorough understanding of one or more subjects.

Your choice of subject will determine the precise name of the qualification. A “Bachelors” or “Honours” Level covers degrees with titles such as Bachelor of Arts, BA (Hons), Bachelor of Science, BSc (Hons), Bachelor of Engineering, BEng (Hons), Bachelor of Laws, and LLB (Hons). These are standard higher education qualifications recognised across the UK and Europe.

Your course will usually last 3 or 4 years, although some subjects such as medicine will take longer. A number of courses, may include a year studying abroad, while there are also fast-track degrees that can be completed in two years by working through the summer. Part-time study can take up to six years. Most of these degrees involve attending lectures, seminars and tutorials, with assessment through exams and coursework. A Bachelors also gives you the opportunity to go on to postgraduate study.


Honours or ordinary degrees

Most degrees are now Honours degrees. These are differentiated by classes, depending on how well you have done. You can get a first-class degree (also called just ‘a First’), upper second class (sometimes known as a 2:1), lower second (or 2:2) or a third.

Ordinary degrees (sometimes called a pass degree) may be awarded if a student fails to achieve Honours standard or where the course does not provide for Honours.

Example: Bachelor of Arts can be “BA” or a “BA (Hons)”. The ‘Hons’ represents 360+ credits of study typically over three years full time and often contains a substantial project or dissertation during the final year of study .The standard BA is usually known as an ‘Ordinary’ BA and is equivalent to 300 credits usually omitting the project or dissertation in the final year.

Postgraduate courses

Following a Bachelor’s degree it is common for students to continue their studies with a Master’s degree. Masters degrees are the most popular form of postgraduate study and you will be expected to undertake more research and independent learning at this level.


Masters courses are split into 2 categories ‘taught’ and ‘research’ degrees:


Taught Masters

 Most Master degrees fall into this category. They are called ‘taught’ courses because they follow a similar structure to an undergraduate degree, where you are taught modules in scheduled lessons. The most common titles are Masters of Arts (MA) and Master of Science (MSc). You can choose to study within the same subject area as your undergraduate degree, to specialise your knowledge, or there are a number of conversion courses which will allow you to study a completely new subject. A taught-Masters typically takes one year full-time and two years part-time to complete.

Research Masters

As the name suggests, these degrees involve learning through research. Master of Research (MRes) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil) are research based courses where you’ll focus on a particular topic and produce a piece of original research. Research degrees are popular with students who wish to pursue careers in academia or research.

Master’s qualifications recognise highly developed, advanced and complex levels of knowledge which enable the development of in-depth and original responses to complicated and unpredictable problems and situations.  It’s usually involve one or two year’s additional study after an honours degree.

Master’s degree is a qualification awarded to students who show a high level of expertise in a particular field. It’s at level 7 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) – above Bachelors but below Doctorate.


Types of Masters Degrees

There are two main types of Masters – taught and research. These are further broken down into individual qualifications.

PhDs and doctorates are for people who want to do a piece of original research or gain advanced academic qualifications in a particular field of study. You will have to write a dissertation that your tutors think is good enough to be published in an academic journal. PhD is short for ‘doctor of philosophy’. This doesn’t mean you can only study philosophy to get one though; ‘philosophy’ in this case means the study of the unknown, because you will have to research an area that very few people have researched before.

Not all doctorates are PhDs, however. Some – such as clinical psychology – include more practical work as well as research. Although you will have to do write a dissertation for these doctorates, it will normally be based on practical work in your field, for example researching the treatment of patients in a hospital, rather than library or laboratory-based research.

You will need at least a bachelor’s degree and normally a postgraduate qualification such as a master’s degree before you can study for a doctorate or PhD. However, some doctorate courses will accept you without a postgraduate qualification if you can show enough practical work experience in the right area.



  • UCAS – Universities and Colleges Admissions Service
  • (Hons) – Honours Degree
  • FdA – Foundation Degree in Arts
  • FdSC – Foundation Degree in Science
  • FdEng – Foundation Degree in Engineering
  • BA – Bachelor of Arts
  • Bed – Bachelor of Education
  • BEng – Bachelor of Engineering
  • BLS – Bachelor of Library Studies
  • BSc – Bachelor of Science
  • BTech – Bachelor of Technology
  • MA – Master of Art
  • MBA – Master of Business Administration
  • MDes – Master of Design
  • MPhil – Master of Philosophy
  • MRes – Master of Research
  • MSc – Master of Science
  • MChem – Master of Chemistry (integrated in Undergraduate)
  • MComp – Master of Computer Science (integrated in Undergraduate)
  • MEng – Master of Engineering (integrated in Undergraduate)
  • MMath – Master of Mathematics (integrated in Undergraduate)
  • MPhys – Master of Physics (integrated in Undergraduate)
  • LLB – Bachelor of Laws
  • LLM – Master of Laws
  • MLitt –  Master of Letters
  • MD – Master of Medicine
  • MFA – Master of Fine Arts
  • Med – Master of Education